Logfile from Online Gaming Rescourse.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Dear lord, I don't know about one of these fricken doctors now adays...."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "$145 for antibiotics for a receding ear infection? Christ..."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Ouch. And here's me, been getting tablets and ear checkups for free."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Lucky bugger..."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "So how are you guys doing?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Hey guys. I am doing ok"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "It's been an exhausting week, but on the plus side, it's over now, and I know where I'm going from here."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Disney Land?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan chuckles> "I had a hellish week myself, more along the lines of not do anything due to some problems of mine, the weekends is here and they are usally good form and I have hope for the coming week.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well good."

Silver has connected.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Hello John!"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Hey, Joe."

<*> OOCly, Estivan sighs, "I just need to be able to conquer some faults in my make up which has been driving me off the wall. Hey John, how are you doing?

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe fights back cross dressing joke.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Lipstick smudged?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Beat me to it.... ;-)"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "LoLs!"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Just awoke give me an hour or two to determine the type of day it will be."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Also, Cybertrekker has my Players Guide so he can work on his Marmalade Munchkin d20 game so I might need to ask on spell rolls."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Munchkin needs a the PHB?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "I have a PHB in front of me, so I'll be on the ball if you need a descirbtion."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Thanks Al, that'll help quite a bit."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Ok, I have a divider at the spell list section."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Munchkin d20 is for lack of a better term a setting book for D&D. It doesn't have a full spell list or Feat list or gear list, etc."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Lalos shakes his nearly brand new tube of shiney blue/blake marble colored gold print dice for good luck ."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Dude I've had a hectic week, I did a report, worked on my Java project, read and studied for Herpetology, and had PC Gamer, Lunars, Guide to the Garou, and Neverwinter Nights drawing my attention away."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "This was supposed to be a vacation!"

<*> OOCly, Estivan nods.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Yowza, I think most of my spring break (which lacked spring) was work, sleep, help other STs, and try to get things fully worked for WtA."

Silver pages: (You get to talk to Yon yet?)

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "I really wonder how the could call the first cpuole of weeks in March "spring", especally in Michigan"

You paged Silver with 'Oh yes, he said he'd think about it, which could go either way, because he was voicing some concerns with me in his game.'.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I hear you..."

Arden has connected.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Hail Arden!"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Hi."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Howdy Rich."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Hey"

Silver pages: (If you don't think he would object, guide me to the area and I'll lurk about if I'm in this Sunday. I've got a lead on Hina figures so, I'll be hunting them then.)

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "I see you managed to rise and get your computer to work Rich."

You paged Silver with 'It's on mIRC irc.sandwich.net, port 6667, channel #besm, and then channel #mh.'.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Yeah. I dont know what happened last night with my computer."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "?"

Silver pages: (I'll ping you if I'm back in time.)

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "When I dc'ed last night it wasnet my choice but my computers and it wouldnt let me back on."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "I know the feeling of old."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Now we're just waiting for Sendiel..."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Bad thing is it kept showing him connected when he wasn't"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Brb"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I wonder where Sendiel is?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Back"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Bloody healers, don't they know dungeons are much easier to transverse with them about. ;)"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe thought I saw him on earlier...

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Well, we can just keep him in the Portable Plothole."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Sivler, your the Sorcerer, cast thy player summoning spell."

<*> OOCly, Silver begins the ancient chant of PC Summoning.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe joins in the chanting.

<*> OOCly, Estivan rpepares the cicle od Doritos and the offerign of Mountian Dew

<*> OOCly, Estivan then adds the ultmate offer, gift certifcates to a gameing store!

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Wait, soemone forget to say, Kalaatu Barada Nickto."

Silver dropped Ash.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "With or without him, we're going to start at 15 after."

Ash has left.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Ok...."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I just hope he gets here. You'd get more loot."

Database checkpoint in progress - stand by...

Database checkpoint complete.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "But more XP. Tough choice."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Give him a 1/2 hour beofre start?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well., alright, I'll give the full 1/2."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "THat and it's alright with you all for you guys randomly rolling something in the main treasure hold?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Random is fun."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "No problem with that."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Well, everyone, if you have seen the posts on GCP or haven't heard it mentioned, I am hosting the logs on one of my websites, the one that use to host the Mortal game logs. No problem here"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "And I thank you for that Al."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Works for me to."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "There all at http://apeman81.tripod.com/the-gamers-table/"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I just hoped he didn't read the first post about canceling the game next week and thought it was this week."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "I hope so as well. I can send him an e-maila nd hope he gets it."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Oh yes. What happened to the kobolds after we got back?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "They've been running around."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Getting underfoot and such."

You paged Silver with 'Just out of curiostiy what would you plan on playing in Yon's game?'.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "BRB"

Silver pages: Strongly leaning towards a teleporter of some sort. Just need to double check to see if it would do the tricks I want it to do. Attack redirection and offensive use.

You paged Silver with 'I'm pretty certain you can. Do you want it as a permiment thing or as magic?'.

Usha has reconnected.

Usha has partially disconnected.

Silver pages: Not sure. Like I said have to study it. I just love the idea of open a teleport ation portal inside someone.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Wb"

You paged Silver with 'That might be magic, but personal teleportation might be something you would want to have active if you're going to do that frequently.'.

Silver pages: Have to study the BESM book. My brain is on its Mecha section currently so switching gears that much isn't easy.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Also, I would like a short fairly detailed character profile from each of you, if its not too much trouble."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Say, I'm just curious, does it seem like I don't pay attention sometimes and does it irritate you when I repsond in two conversations?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Not usually. Its an ST thing I notice. When juggleing 3-5 things at once its easy to do so."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well mostly as a player."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I just figure that since your the ST and are busy and will get to me when you can."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "At least you haven't done the thing where you have an NPC contributing critical information.....then you realise they're still in your inventory, and nobody else saw anything they said."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "..."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "That reminds me"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Twice."




<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Been there."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Are we starting?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Yes, in one second."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "You're late. ;-)"

Last time we left our heroes, they had fened off a horde of nasty fish people from swarming up and swiping anything magical that wasn't nailed down. As we join them now, they are spreading the word about what happened and their next course of action.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Everybody, current HP."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "20"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "29"

Usha dropped Status Changes.

Usha dropped HP.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "42"

29 / 29

You see nothing special.

I don't see that here.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "sw"

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "18"

You say "Game Start!"

Estivan had just left and sound the alret to the guards.

Silver says "Now there was a door you suspect these things came through."

Arden says "Yeah. If you follow me I can show you."

Usha says "I say we go down there as soon as we can and tackle this problem at the source. Or at least find out what we're dealing with. Of course, I say 'we', but no reason for anyone to come along who doesn't want to."

(New BB message (10/24) posted to 'Help Wanted: Characters' by Neuro: Martian Republic Recruiting!)

You paged Estivan with 'You find Marius fairly readily, but the other guards are fairly deep asleep, you have to wake them up, which is no small task, but you do get the word around.'.

Arden says "Come this way" and leads to the door.

Usha goes down.

Silver says "Let me grab my travel pack and if you have that bag from the village stored somewhere, grab it too."

Estivan goes down to find the others after soundign the alert.

Usha brings the weapons along too.

Silver grabs his weapons and pack.

Estivan is armed with his Scimitar and half spear, and armour with his small sheild and Breast plate aromour.

As you go down to the secret door, you have to wade over quite a bit of sludge from the Skum that went through, but you do see that the door is open. Back in the darkness is alive with the odd, vile smell of life you get underground. In the darkness, you can hear a slight hissing, and the sound of things sliding over the rough sand. Deep within you all, you feel something evil down there.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Well, at least the darkness isn't a problem."

Estivan says "I ahve a bad feelign about this."

Arden says "Hmmmmm. This door wasn't open earlier."

Usha says "Has something else come in?"

Estivan says "If it has the guard will take care of it."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Is there more slime on the floor then the first time I was down here"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er guards."

Hergal, Alibon, Bilas and Treps come in, seemingly ready for battle. Hergal holds his torch high to look at the door way, "Ooh, never seen this before..."

Silver says "Lets go. I've less reason to like what ever is in here every second."

Estivan looks over his shoulder and glares at the newcomers, "Well, weclome.

Usha says "Want me to take the front?"

Estivan says "I'll take point."

Arden says "Do you guys think you can sneak in. I would rather not charge in and get killed."

Estivan says "Blue, look at what I am wereing?"

Arden says "mumble mumble."

Silver says "I'll take near the back."

Usha says "Have it your way. Want some help painting the target on your forehead?"

Arden says "Thats why I said sneak. So we don't make good targets."

Estivan heads up in front and takes point if there is no objections the glares at Usha.

Hergal says, "Well we haven't seen any more of those things around, but we'll keep on the look out." Alibon looks down into the darkness, "But if this is the way they're getting in, I don't think the're going to be any more. Are you going in there to investigate?"

Estivan turn to glare at Arden, "I am armour I don't sneak.

Usha goes second, then.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er Armoured."

Estivan readys his scimitar and sheilds, "Yes, we are going in to investigate.

Estivan says "Everyone prepared?"

Silver whispers to Arden. "Like I told the nice centaur lady, he makes a great moving shield.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Listen check to hear it?"

Arden nods to Silver.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Okay, if you feel like it."

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 12 Total: 12

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "16"

Alibon says, "Well if it's alright with you, we'll stay here to make sure nothing else gets past you."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You hear it."

Estivan glares at silver, hurmphs and say, "I heard that.

Estivan then look over to Albion and say, "That would be a good idea.

Usha says "If it does, then it's probably killed all of us, so you should bear that in mind if you decide to fight it."

Estivan looks at his half-dragon compaoins and then say, "Well lets march," then starts advanceing cautionsly forward.

Silver says "An amazing feat, good knight."

The Kobolds look rather nervous at that statement.

To (Smokin_Joe, Silver), Usha pages: Take a look at this. http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44689

Estivan says with exterem sarcasm, "Thank you, your aprroval m eans everything to me.

Usha says "We may have a problem fitting the egos down this tunnel....."

Estivan hrumphs at that comment.

Usha follows in the Conga Line O' Doom.

Arden follows in as quietly as possible.

The tunnel ahead is rather short, ending in a spiral staircase going down.

Estivan cautiously decends the staircase.

Usha goes down.

Arden again follows doing the ninja stealth thing

Silver follows along.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "He is a shrub...."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I am one with the darkness."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "A shurb? Well, he''ll come in hand if we meet teh Kinghts of NEEEEEE,"

Going down you find some floor enterances that have been caved in, partly lithified over the many years, going further down you reach a large room that the stair empties out off. Later on it seemed to have been some sort of foyer, the desk is long rotted and chairs broken.

Usha has a look round. "What do you reckon they used this place for?"

Estivan heads tword the center of hte room and check s for exits.

Arden sneaks around the room getting a good look.

Estivan says "Looks to me to be a waiting chamber. of sorts, like those of public officals."

Silver waits by the doorway.

there is a door right across from the staircase.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Roll me search checks."

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 9 Total: 9

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 3 Total: 3

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "4"

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 11 Total: 11

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "A whpaing 14"

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "21"

Usha steps in some slime.

You paged Arden with 'You find a little button under the desk's rotting top.'.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er make that 15, I forgot to add in the new total for upping the rank"

Estivan finds some crude tools made out of bone and carapace, currently you don't know what they are used for...

Arden stops at the desk "Hmmmmm. Whats this."

Estivan says "Hmmm, this is interesting... what's that the... er rou. er Blue Dragon?"

Usha says "I'd guess something colonised this place after it was ruined."

Arden says "Looks like I found a button to something."

Estivan says "Well, press it."

Silver stays in the doorway.

Arden says "What if I press it and it kills us all."

Estivan says "Hmmmmmm, good point, can you tell what it is connected to?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Is it a big shiney red button? ;)"

Arden says "Give me a minute."

Estivan kneel and goes back to looking at the bone tool to see if he can tell what they are used for.

Arden pages: Going to try and find what the button leads to.

You paged Arden with 'You got a use magical device roll?'.

Estivan says "Where's a scrimshawer when you need one."

Arden pages: Yep.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "scrimshawer(sp?)= A artisan that wroks with Ivory and bone. FYI."

It's either some sort of hammer, or a funky musical instrument.

Usha says "If all else fails....I have a big stick to jab it with."

You paged Arden with 'Roll it.'.

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 18 Total: 18

Arden pages: 28

You paged Arden with 'It's connected to the door.'.

Estivan sheaths is scimitar and then picks up the hmmer thing for a closer look.

Arden studys the button for awhile. "My guess is it goes to the door."

Usha says "Shall I press it, then?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Any sort of int check to figure out what this thing actually is?"

Silver steps into the room.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Go for it."

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 2 Total: 2

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "5"

<*> OOCly, Silver snickers

Estivan is absoulty clueless and utterly intriuged what this is, "Faisnating.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "It hard, and wide... That's about it."

Estivan says "Ugly, pirmitive, barabarica but still fascinating"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Pressing the button?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "And yet it has Estivan's full attention."

Estivan slides the thing in a sack so someone in the collage could indentify it.

Usha pokes the button with one end of the halfspear.

There is a loud buzzing sound.

Arden steps away from the door while Usha pushes it.

Estivan stands up with a start.

The door then opens by itself.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Doorbell?"

Usha has a look through.

Estivan looks at the door,

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Or dinner bell."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "doorbell."

Estivan says "Well, I geuss I was right about this being a wiating cham,aber, but the button opeing the door is a new touch...."

Silver says "Sneaking is great in concept. But with toys like that, I would say our pressence is announced."

Database checkpoint in progress - stand by...

Database checkpoint complete.

Estivan draws his scimitar again and heads towrd the open door, looking in.

In the next room seems to be the remains of what might be a library, with books over turned and paper strewn about, a few sullied.

Arden says "Every creature here probly knows about us now."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Doors?"

Estivan heads in, look aroudn for somthign that migh catch his eye

Silver begins checking the books out. Just reading over the titles now.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I assume you read draconic."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Correct"

Huh? (Type "help" for help.)

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "There is one door on the left, and one right in front of you."

Usha tries them both.

Estivan glares at Usha, but covers her as she tries the doors.

Most of the books are standard magical fare, basics in various schools, tutorials for spells, plus various specializing in certain creatures and rituals.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Give me a listen check."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "The Kobolds with us?"

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 1 Total: 1

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Nope, they're staying up by the entrance where it's safe."

Estivan can't hear anythign unusal

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Everyone a listen check or not."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Everybody."

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 1 Total: 1

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 7 Total: 7

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 13 Total: 13

Silver is too busy studying the books to listen.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "17"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "15"

The All-Purpose Vending Machine spits out a bottle of Mojo, which Silver catches and drinks quickly. Silver's body glows with the powerful mojo.

The All-Purpose Vending Machine spits out a bottle of Mojo, which Estivan catches and drinks quickly. Estivan's body glows with the powerful mojo.

You paged (Arden, Usha) with 'You can hear running water in the room across from this one.'.

Usha says "There's water out here." She tries this door first."

Most books crumble when you try and flip through them, but there are 14 books that seem rather magical, and can stand the rigors of reading.

Estivan walk to se two paces behind her

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er -se"

Silver stacks the 14 books in one area and tries to determine their magics. (Detect Magic)

Arden goes tword the door that Usha is at.

As you open the door, a familiar fishy smell as you can see a wide room ahead of you and a dark shape heading towards you. (Touch AC?)

You publicly roll 1d20 and get: 13 Total: 13

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "12"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "12 as well."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Touch attack ignore bboth natural aromour and armour correct?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Yes"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "And shelds to. GOtcha"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Everyone or jus tthe 2 messing with the door?"

When the door opens all the way a net flies out and lands on top of both the fighters. There's a gurgling war cry as 5 more skum come right at you.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Initative."

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 13 Total: 13

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 16 Total: 16

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 6 Total: 6

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "8"

You publicly roll 5d10 and get: 2/3/8/3/3 Total: 19

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "17"

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "20"

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 13 Total: 13

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "15"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Okay, it's Arden, Silver, Usha, Estivan, and then the Skum."

Arden starts backing up from the door as he lets a dart fly into the leading Skum

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 1 Total: 1

You publicly roll 1d10 and get: 6 Total: 6

The dart flies into one of the intact books, lodging itself in the cover.

Silver says "Easy come easy go."

Arden curses under his breath.

Silver draws the wand and fires on the lead Skum.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Roll for it."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Ranged touch attac."

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 2 Total: 2

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You got a +8 to ranged?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Nope"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "How much did you mis it by?"

The acid arrow flies over the lead Skum's head and sizzles into something in the background, causing a disgrunteled growl to come from one of them.

Usha pages: Something I've found speeds up combat is to tell the next player to go while you describe the results of the last action.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "I repeat. My PHB which would refresh my Ranged Touch calaculation memory is on loan currently."

Usha tries to tear the net away from herself. (STR check?)

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Yes, DC 25"

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 5 Total: 5

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Nope."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You're stuck good."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Estivan"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Ranged touch attack use's your normal range bonus w/ dex bouns and ignore all types of arour"

Estivan tires to rip of the net.

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 7 Total: 7

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "13"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Does that fact we have claws give us a bonus?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I'll say just a +2"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Still not there."

The lead skum gives off a gurggly laugh, drawing a longsword and bringing it down on the one who's been strugling the most, the other two with Tridents poke at each of their catch.

You publicly roll 1d20 and get: 6 Total: 6

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Flatfooted AC is 21."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Flat foot here is 20"

You publicly roll 2d20 and get: 11/18 Total: 29

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Your flatfooted is as much as my normal AC."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Armour and shield helps."

The lead Skum, misses the net entirely smashing into a book case, while the one on Usha only hits detererating stone, but Estivan's strikes home.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Of course, you don't lose anything flatfooted either, Arden. Rogue ability."

You publicly roll 1d8 and get: 8 Total: 8

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I no. Its great being the sneaky bastard."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "13 HP damage."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Arden"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Why do you think Rogue is one of my usual classes."

Estivan takes it with a grutn and glares murderiously at the skum.

Arden continues to back away and lets fly another dart. "You better hit home this time"

You paged (Estivan, Usha) with 'Give me listen checks.'.

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 13 Total: 13

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 9 Total: 9

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "19"

Usha pages: 12

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You hit."

Arden rolls 1d4 and gets: 4 Total: 4

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 18 Total: 18

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "8 damage"

Estivan pages: 24

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "SIlver"

Arden pages: Is there any way I would be able to sneak up behind them to use my sneak attack.

The lead Skum growl as the dart goes in, brushing it off.

Silver grips the wand ith both hands and lets another blast lose.

You paged Arden with 'Nope, their back is to the door only.'.

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 6 Total: 6

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "11"

Arden pages: Okay. Though I'd check

You paged Estivan with 'You can hear two other pair squidging in the other room, going to the left.'.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Leader, or one of the guys poking the fighters?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Leader"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Just miss him. Usha."

Usha loses patience, and exhales a stream of fire, hopefully burning the net off and catching a skum, if possible.

Usha rolls 3d6 and gets: 5/2/5 Total: 12

The acid arrow flies right over the guys head and hitting the door frame behind thim.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "12 damage. Save DC is 17."

You publicly roll 3d20 and get: 18/8/20 Total: 46

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "All three in a line? Whoah."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Estivan."

The leader and the one who stuck Estivan, manage to get out of the way of the main blast, but the last gets it in the face, they're still up, the slime seemed to have saved them a bit.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "And what about the net?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "There's a big burnt hole in the net."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Enough for me to get out of?"

Estivan follows Usha's example and spits a line of acid melting the net and hiting any skum in line with it, then yells, "To more comign formt he left door!

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Oh yea."

Estivan rolls 6d4 and gets: 2/4/3/2/1/4 Total: 16

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Same DC reflex?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "16 damage I thinks its the same dc as usha's I can't fine my MM"

You publicly roll 3d20 and get: 8/5/5 Total: 18

Usha shrugs off the net, and draws her morningstar. "Who's first?"

They all take the line of acid in the chest, it slowly melting their slimey bodies.

Estivan shakes free of his own net and raises his scimitar.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Silver, Arden, flat footed AC?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "14"

Two more Skum come out of the left hand door, wheilding Kamas, splitting up and trying to bring them down on the non-fighters.

You publicly roll 2d20 and get: 2/17 Total: 19

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Rich?"

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "17. BUt I have Uncanny dodge that lets my Dex stay to AC. Wich puts me back to 21"

Usha pages: Can I fall back through the door without provoking an AoO?

Both miss, the one going after Arden missing by a sliver of an inch.

You paged Usha with 'Yes, nobody's back there save a bunch of melting biomatter.'.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Arden."

Usha pages: OK.

Arden quick draws out his short sword and stabs at the Skum that almost hit him.

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 20 Total: 20

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Possible crit, roll again."

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 12 Total: 12

You paged Arden with 'You're half-elf, right?'.

Arden pages: Yep

You paged Arden with 'Good.'.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "What's the fianl ac you hit Rich?"

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "19"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "It's a crit."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Get damage, and times it by whatever."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "So how do you do this. You want me to roll 2d6 or 1d6 and times by 2"

Arden rolls 1d6 and gets: 4 Total: 4

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Cannon is the rolling bit, btu i don't know if Joe has a house rule over riding it"

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "12"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "1d6, plus what ever damage, times 2."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "16 then"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "SIlver."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Gotcha boss."

Arden uncanily whips around and stabs his skum in the heart.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Take that Skum."

Usha pages: How many are left?

You paged Usha with 'one.'.

Silver lowers the wand. "OK, lets try lower since its used to kobold use." Fires another shot of acid.

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 19 Total: 19

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "At the one that attacked me."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Crit range for wands and spells just 20?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Yes."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "So close...."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You hella hit it."

Estivan pages: My personal preferance would me the rolling style, many becaue of the great varity of the results, but I can live with the direct timing or you could ask which styel the player prefers. Its um to you.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Now that would be a cool Feat. Improved Crit (Spells)"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "You can actually get that."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I've had it."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Though it only affects spells with an attack roll."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Roll damage."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "That makes my next feat choice hard then. Energy Sub or that. Ah well, Damage for Melf's Acid Arrow at 7th Level Caster?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "2d4 for 3 rounds, including this one."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "There are magic items that duplicate certain metamagic feats. Tome & Blood has them."

Silver rolls 2d4 and gets: 1/2 Total: 3

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "It's just character levels, the template doesn't count for those calculations."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Usha."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "No, it's the level of the caster who made the wand."

Usha charges the remaining skum, morningstar coming round in arc with pain on the end.

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 19 Total: 19

The skum jumps back, crying out in pain.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "That a possible crit?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "31"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "No. 20+"

Usha rolls 1d8 and gets: 7 Total: 7

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You hella hit."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "13 damage. I'm at -2 AC till my next action."

Usha crushes the last one's head into unrecognizeable paste.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "COmbat over"

<*> OOCly, Silver boggles.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "So my line of acid took out 3 of them?"

Usha plucks the trident up, and inspects it.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Normal trident."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Usha's breath took them down quite a bit..."

Arden slides his sword away "Well that could have went worse."

Estivan looks that the three blleding hole that the trident lefts just under his breastplate.

Silver says "Miss Usha, do you have the bag of weapons?"

Usha hands it over.

Usha checks the rooms curosrily to make sure nothing else is on it's way.

Estivan looks arounds, "Where's the preist?

Silver gathers the 13 magic books and places them inside. "Blue, can you remove that dart of yours from this book?"

Usha pages: Any of the tridents a masterwork, or even magical, perchance?

You paged Usha with 'Nope, not the tridents. There's still the kamas and the Longsword though.'.

Arden goes to try a dart removal on the book

Usha pages: Having a look at them, too.

The book should still be readable.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "brb"

Silver pages: I had cast Detect Magic on the books just before combat started, do you want to give me an idea of the books magic or have it reconted?

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "BRB"

You paged Usha with 'The kama's look oridnary as well, save for the longsword.'.

Usha has disconnected.

I don't recognize Sivler.

No one to page.

You paged Silver with 'All the books have a minor permament spell to preserve them on it, that and the lead Skum's long sword is magical.'.

Estivan serches the bodes of the fallen for anything of interst.

Usha has connected.

Silver places the last book inside the bag.

You paged Usha with 'The kama's look oridnary as well, save for the longsword.'.

Estivan sheaths his sword berfor so.

Save for the weapon holsters, they're nekkid.

Silver says "Usha, want a new sword? I think you'll like the one that beast carried."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "How unsual are the weaposn hulsters?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "CRude, slimy, cheap rawhide at best."

Usha says "I'll stick with what I've got for now."

Estivan looks at disgust then checks the weapons out if there unusal.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "back"

Silver says "Your loss to turn down a maigc blade."

Estivan says "A magic blade you say, do bad it is a longsword."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "To."

Usha says "Magic, you say? Well, if nobody else wants it...."

Estivan says "You can have it, I prefer the scimitar."

Silver pages: Can I have a Spellcraft to get an idea of the spell/spells on it?

Arden sets up a watch on the two doors while they search the bodys.

You paged Silver with 'Go for it. DC 24'.

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 9 Total: 9

Usha gives it a couple of practice swings, then.

Usha says "Ready to move on now?"

Silver pages: 16 alas

Usha pages: Anything unusual about the design?

Estivan says "Yes, it seem there two doors lead to the same large room, but lets check out the one the main body of them came from first"

Usha says "Sounds sound."

Filth is flung fromt the blade, revealing a rather shining long sword, seemed to almost have a religous look about it, but still other than that, not too special.

Silver says "Lead on. The books should make our gnome employer happy."

Estivan says "Wom, er Usham you wouldn't happen to have a potion to spare, I will cmopinsate for it"

Silver says "I suggest you're more desctere in compensation then you were last time."

Usha hands him one. "Keep the money."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er compinsate you for it."

Silver heads into the room.

Estivan accepts its and graciously say, "Thank you.

Estivan drinks the potion and follows Silver.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "What sort was it?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "1d8+1"

Estivan rolls 1d8 and gets: 3 Total: 3

Arden slinks into the next room.

Database checkpoint in progress - stand by...

Database checkpoint complete.

Estivan hiss as the three holes stop bledding and one f them heal cloesed.

This seems to be the Skum's main living chambers, what ever it was before must have been quite lavish because there are a few fountains here, looking to your side, you can see another door. Currently there are a lot more crude tools here, and alge lumped together into bedding in the fountains.

Estivan says "Shall we sure this place of anything of interest?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er serach?"

Silver pages: If Magic Detection is on, anything show?

Usha says "If you want to rummage through their bedding....""

Usha looks through the next door.

Estivan looks at the prospect of such with disgust, "Well, I think not.

Estivan follows her to teh Door.

Silver says "Might be another healing potion in the bedding."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "BTW what sort of armour is Usha wereing?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Chainmail."

Usha says "Or their chamberpot."

The next room seems to be another meetting room and sorta cafiteria, with another door leading to the right.

You paged Silver with 'nope.'.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "How long does Detect Magic last?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "An hour or so I believe."

<*> OOCly, Silver goes into goodies radar mode.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "I red the book as long as you are constrating on keeping it and 1 minute per level after you stop if I read it correctly."

Usha waits for the others to check out the rooms before moving on.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Its also a 60 ft radius"

Estivan goes about rummging aroudn the room with a look of disgust to see if anything of interest can be found.

You paged Silver with 'Far back in one corner, you can sense something magical.'.

Silver heads towards a corner.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Roll Serch?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Just take 10 or 20."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Don't bother, together, you all find 21 gold scattered around."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Hmmm, how long des a taek 20 take?"

Arden waits by the door with Usha keeping any eye out for Skum

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "N/m,"

You paged Silver with 'Looks like a blank corner, but the magical thing seems to be underneath the stone.'.

Estivan hands what he finds to Sivler, "For the party funds.

Silver draws a dagger and pokes a bit of stone.

Usha says "We're a party now, apparently. But where's the cake?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Give me a search check Silver."

Usha says "And cakes of skum feces don't count."

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 9 Total: 9

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "16"

Estivan says "What are you doing?"

Silver's dagger catches something, and the stone slides back revealing a pair of boots, and one Cestus Ward.

Usha thinks out loud, leaning against the doorway. "We know that as well as the skum, we're looking at the snakething and at least one mage. Hopefully, they're the same person. Or I could be just being optomistic. This is possible."

Silver says "Blue, want to check this."

Estivan the glares at Usha and the breka into a slihjt smile at her wit then look as what Sivler found.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er slight"

Arden comes over to Silver. "Yeah give me a minute."

Silver steps away from the hidden compartment.

Silver says "Magic knows magic, good knight."

Arden check the compartment and area around it for traps

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Checking for traps Arden? Search check then."

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 11 Total: 11

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "21"

You paged Arden with 'There's a preasure plate that the things are sitting on, and looking at the edge closes to you, you can see a set of sharpened bars, springloaded.'.

Arden pages: Can it be disabled

Silver pages: Spellcraft DC?

You paged Arden with 'Yes.'.

You paged Silver with 'Wait until the things are in your claws, then yes.'.

Arden takes out some tools and begings to work on something in the compartment.

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 16 Total: 16

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "That 26"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You disable it."

Silver pages: (SIlver has one trait from his dragon side, a bit of greed)

Estivan glares at Silver, but then nods, "Well then, I guess magic can play a useful role, perhapes I was too hasty in discounting it and those who weild it, though how hasty I was still remins to be seen.

Arden stands up "There you go"

Silver opens a money pouch for the gold Estiven found.

Usha says "I'd wash those boots before you put them on if I were you. Bear in mind who'll have been wearing them."

Estivan puts it in there

Estivan looks at the boots (What do they look like)?

They are black, pattenet leather and with rather thick soles.

Silver picks up the boots. "Well, if they are truely useful, I can clean them."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "In otehr words rather common and drap looking?"

You paged Silver with 'Now you can roll.'.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Black goes with my outfit."

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 13 Total: 13

Silver pages: 20

Estivan looks at them, "I don't see how they can be useful being rather coomon looking, to match the BLue Dragon's wardrob.

You paged Silver with 'They are Boots of Landing. You can fall 100 feet without any damage.'.

Usha moves on, checking to see if the others are following.

Silver says "Looks are deceiving. Here Blue, they might help if you fall from a tower."

Arden looks at Silver "What?"

Estivan sees Usha start moveing and heads towrd her to cover her just in case as Fighter should for one another.

From afar, Estivan is starting to reevaulate his opin of woman warriors.

Estivan looks over his shoulder, "Are you two comeing?

Silver says "Well, they don't serve much use for me. Wings make falling a bit harder. These would allow you to fall a fair distence like its nothing."

There's not much to find in the kitchen, mostly the metal utensiels were utilized by the skum for seemingly similar methods. Looking at to the side, you can see that there is one other door in the wall, near the door you came through.

Estivan walks up to teh door and puts his ear to it listening.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Roll?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Silence."

Arden nods and stuffs them in his bag. Then follows the others

Estivan says "Blue dragon, coudl you exmain this door?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Not taking the Cestus Ward?"

Arden walks up to the door and give is a good checking.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Give me a search check."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Is silver still with us?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Isn't that a trap or am I thinking wrong?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "A Cestus Ward is sort of like a cross between a glove and a shiel.d"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "It's a gauntlet."

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 5 Total: 5

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "15"

You paged Arden with 'Nope, no traps, but it's locked.'.

Silver grabs the Cestus Ward then follows the others.

You paged Silver with 'It is also magical.'.

Arden says "Its locked. No traps though"

Silver studies it while the others do their jobs.

Usha pages: Come to think of it, could I have also taken one of the tridents from the skum? Something else to go in the collection.

Usha says "Pickable? Breakable?"

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 18 Total: 18

You paged Usha with 'Sure thing.'.

Estivan says "I didn;t hear anything on the other side, should we use finesse?"

Arden says "I don't know. GIve me a bit and I can find out."

Arden takes out his tools and goes to work on the lock.

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 11 Total: 11

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "18"

While picking the lock, large bolts of lightnig leaps between Arden's lock picks, to his hand, around the door, arching all around his body. The lock gives an opened click.

Estivan backs away, and readies sheaths is sowrd, but readies his spear just in casse.

Usha says "Impressive."

Usha says "You okay?"

Estivan says "Very."

Arden puts the tools away "Yeah. Didn't feel the a thing"

Silver has reconnected.

Silver pages: 25 to Spellcraft

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "What was the last thing you saw John?"

Estivan says "Hmmmm, well looks we know that your name is quite apt."

Usha pushes the door open with the butt of the liberated trident.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er like"

You paged Silver with 'It's a Cestus Ward of Arrow Deflection.'.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Pickable? Breakable?"

While picking the lock, large bolts of lightnig leaps between Arden's lock picks, to his hand, around the door, arching all around his body. The lock gives an opened click. (Repost)

The door swings open easily, giving a slight sizzle.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "One more moment. My computer is going insane."

Estivan takes a step into it.

Silver has partially disconnected.

Arden says "Wait. It may shock you as you pass through"

Estivan stops with his foot nearly past the threshold and takes a step back

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "My connection screen is on crack."

Estivan says "Well, you go first."

As the door swings open, you can see that there were arcane markings between the bolts and doorjam.

Arden walks through the door.

Nothing happens.

Usha goes through.

Estivan follows

Arden says "Its seems safe"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Back in a minute or two."

Silver has disconnected.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Typing?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Mostly waiting for John."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Nope, waiting I think"

Usha has reconnected.

Usha has partially disconnected.

Usha pages: How long are we waiting?

It seems to be a small living quarters, in rather good shape, save for the passage of time. It seems that some sort of wizard used to live here, you can see a lavish bed, and a desk with various books on it. From what you see, there doesn't seem to be anything rather magical, no spell books or items left behind, but clothes and such have not been moved.

Estivan walks over and sees if he can read book titles

Silver has connected.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "What languages do you speak?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "N/M"

It seems to be a small living quarters, in rather good shape, save for the passage of time. It seems that some sort of wizard used to live here, you can see a lavish bed, and a desk with various books on it. From what you see, there doesn't seem to be anything rather magical, no spell books or items left behind, but clothes and such have not been moved. (repost)

Usha has a look out the doors (if any), and waits for the searching to finish.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "n?M the n/m Clasliam, Tetherian, Eveln and Common"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Only one onto this one."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er Calisham."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "you don't speak Draconic? That's surprising."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Well I am not sure if I counted my startign laguages right."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Ok, from the kitchen to the wizard's bedroom?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You find most of them in common, but quite a few are in Dragonic."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "He was lazy, like most wizards."

Usha pages: Any other doors?

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Lets, With out and int bonus you get common and one other lanague free or jsut common?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Just getting my barrings."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Wouldn't you like to have your room to lead right into a fully stocked and operational resturant?"

You paged Usha with 'No more in this room, just one more in the place.'.

Silver hands the catus to Estivan. and begins skimming over the books.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Er lets see."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Mine dose. My bedroom open right into the kitchen"

Usha says "Check this room out, then we'll have to go back to where we fought the skum."

Estivan takes it and looks at it.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Search check."

Estivan says "What's this?"

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 12 Total: 12

Estivan rolls 1d20 and gets: 14 Total: 14

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "19"

Usha has a glance over the titles, for anything arresting.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "20"

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 2 Total: 2

Estivan is very striking figure. He is 67 inches tall and weighs about 179 with warriors build. His skin is the black of polished obsidian, with fine, but noticeable close up scales reminiscent of a serpents. From afar his skin would look like it was sculpted from obsidian. His hair is a vibrant raven black, duller then his skin, but only in comparison. His eye are a remarkable shade of venomous green and have serpentine slits. His facial structure is mostly human, but with a draconic cast to it and his teeth are both white and very sharp, contrasting with his skin when he smiles. His tongue is slightly forked. Over all he is handsome and dashing. He moves with a sinuous grace. His clother are all shades of purple and his armor is of a blackened steel. Both hvae tethyring and Calsimian styelings. He speaks with a very noticible Tethyrian accent(Think Spanish).



Bokken of Twapping

Dr. Faust


<*> OOCly, Usha says, "3"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "If I was looking. I'm just checking the books."

Arden rolls 1d20 and gets: 12 Total: 12

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "22"

Silver says "Something to make you a better moving sheild and more resistent to arrows at the same time."

Estivan puts the cetus in a bag and then looks around.

You paged (Silver, Estivan) with 'You find a very fancy, clean, and ornate ring.'.

You do find a book that is lying open on the desk that seems to be his journal.

Estivan picks up soemthing, "WHat's this?

Estivan holds a very ornate ring out.

Silver looks at the ring.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Does it have any markings?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Various in Cormyr."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Anything like a crest or seal or soemthing?"

You paged Silver with 'Spell craft, DC 16'.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "nope."

Silver rolls 1d20 and gets: 3 Total: 3

Silver pages: Only 10

You paged Silver with 'Well you could try it on. ^_^'.

Usha says "We can have the wizards check all our junk out when we get back up. For now, let's press on."

Estivan says "Hmmmm, I wish I could readd Cormyrian, but such never was in my studies,"

Silver says "Here, I'll put it in the sack."

Usha says "Can you tell if it's magical?"

You paged Silver with 'It is.'.

Estivan hands the ring over to Silver and buts his sheild on his back and puts the Cestus on his sheild hand.

Silver says "It is. Can't tell whats on it though."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "buts=puts"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Nobody looking at the journal?"

Usha says "Wear it, then. Might be a beneficial effect."

Estivan pages: WHat exactly does the Cestus do for me?

Usha will have a read, then.

You paged Estivan with 'If you make a full defensive action, it adds a +1 to AC would would turn unarmed punches to bludgening.'.

Silver puts the ring on. "Very well."

Silver pages: Anything of use in the books? Something to give the collage?

Estivan pages: Cool, and since it a gautlet I still can use my sheild.

Estivan readies his shield again.

There's a bright light surrounding Silver for a second, then when it's gone, he does not have a speck of dirt on him, his clothes are straight, he's clean shaven, positively beams, and smells faintly of lavender.

Silver says "Very benificial."

"1070 17 of Mirtul: A new Arch-mage has come down to work here with us in The Pits. When I first heard that he requested this duty, I thought he was nuts, only those too hard pressed of time and money, or wish to make a name for themselves in a hurry would dare work here. Then when I saw that he was a dwarf, that explained a few things, he should feel right at home here down in the bowels of the earth..."

You paged Estivan with 'No, doesn't work that way, You can't have the two stack.'.

Usha says "Useful. I'll have to find out what they are and get one myself."

"1070 20 of Mirtul: Well Herrnemil definately doesn't feel at home down here in the tunnels we've carved for ourselves. He keeps complaining about the shoddy work done about the walls, and how it's too bright down here, and not dry enough. Of course it's not dry enough, the Pits were mostly dug out so some arch-wizards and unlucky students could find some way to get that damnable desert of Anauroch beaten back. Despite being down here, he doesn't know about that project, could he be starting a new one?"

Usha reads the diary out.

Usha says "Anauroch. That was where Netheril used to be, thousands of years ago....."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "It's got a maximized enlarged clean spell on it. I shall call it, the Ring of Spiffyness."

"1070 30 of Mirtul: The High Priest at the Temple of Lathander is throwing a bit of a fit once again as he reviewed the grounds today. I didn't get to see much of it, since I seem to be perpetually chained to my work, but I've gotten news from the 'surface dwellers'. It's always about the few priests that we detain down here to help with some of the more complex spells. I honestly don't know why we allow them down here, they are compitent with their own form of magic, but they definately aren't suited to the extended hours of research required down here. They need to go 'worship their god' a little too often to effectively work underground in my opinion."

Estivan pages: Can I put it on my weapons hand and still use a sowrd?

You paged Estivan with 'Don't think so...'.

You paged Estivan with 'What sort of shield do you have BTW?'.

Estivan pages: Small

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "See Rich, elves are ment to glow."

Estivan pages: It basicly a gauntlet right?

You paged Estivan with 'A bit, yes.'.

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "grumble grumble damn elves grumble"

"1070 14 of Flamerule: Mystra, what Herrnemil is don't isn't sorcery, it's metalurgy! I've been seeing an inordinat amount of metal tools and such for a while, but didn't think much about it. Today they brought an entire forge down here, and dug an exaust tunnel so they can work in a totally enclosed labratory. We have some people work on magical arms down there, but most of the metal work takes place up top. Why would they need that sort of secrecy for?"

"1070 25 of Eleasis: Poor Karliek, today he came down in the pits without the proper warding against all the stray mana flying around these tunnels. As soon as he came to the major cross roads, there he was turned into an Ettin! Took us all day to drag him out of the tunnels, and that's not the worst part, his two heads were constantly blaming each other for who was the numbskull that got them into that predicament. I only pray that they can revert him back soon..."

"1070 2 of Eleint: Something odd happened today, it took 15 men to draw Herrnemil off of a sorcereous prodtegy who came down to do a bit of work. As soon as they crossed paths, the dwarf launched himself on the unsuspecting sorcerer, not with spells but with a poker he had close at hand. He was clubbing him over the head in it in some strange sort of rage, cursing him out in dwarven, which I have no knowledge of. Afterwards we had to rush the sorcerer to the temple as fast as possible, it took a few spells to get him up to snuff, but they almost lost his pseudodragon familiar. I wonder why he went off like that? He seemed distant, but he did not seem at all violent."

Estivan pages: Well, then it wouldn't interfer with either the sheild or the sword, because gauntles would block neither.

Silver snickers.

You paged Estivan with 'But why use it on the shield hand since the shield would always cover it?'.

Usha says "Something nasty in the mines...."

"1070 30 of Uktar: Mystra, I am tired, it's been a very long month, and I've mostly spent every waking moment of it down in the depths. Earlier there was a major accident, one of the condensor crystals in the raw mana understanding experiment some how crossed streams with Herrnemil's elemental forge. So understandably, all the power got translated into one of the largest explosions this university has ever seen. I've been called in to help contain the magic from blowing the other crystals in the laboratory, not to mentioning the whole dimentional damage done by it. All of the nearby walls were blown down forming some sort of massive room. It even opened a great rift into an unknown cavern system, from which we have heard chittering and squishing of things down in the depths, already we have had to fend off several goblins. I fear we might have reached the Underdark, but hopefully we'll have the tunnel contained before too long..."

Estivan pages: Brain fart.

Estivan rember's somthing, chides himefl and then switch the Cestus to hsi sowrd hand.

Silver says "Wizards."

Estivan pages: Does it only add the bonus when there is a full defensive action?

Usha says "If this is the Underdark, no way I'm scouting down there yet....."

The very last entry in the journal has something about being under seige by those Calhimport bastards, suddenly trailing off with a long squiggle like he was called away.

Database checkpoint in progress - stand by...

Database checkpoint complete.

Arden says "So this place was some kind of secret forge."

Estivan says "I wonder what Calimshami were doign this far north."

You paged Estivan with 'Yes.'.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "How long ago are the dates?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "300 years ago."

Estivan pages: Gotcham does it block useing claws on the hand thoigh?

Silver says "First its a might have opened. Second, they said it should be contained. We have only seen skum up here. If we end up going further down, then we can worry."

You paged Estivan with 'Yes, but the important part is the back of the hand, you could cut off the fingers.'.

Usha says "Skum are aquatic. They've come from water, ergo they've come from the bottom. But specualtion is useless."

Usha says "We need to look ourselves. Anything else here?"

The books can be salvaged.

Silver says "Well, should we start charging the collage for all the books we've found for them?"

Estivan glares at Usha, "That's the thrid time I agree with you.

Estivan gather all the savligible books in a sack of his.

Usha heads back the way the group came, to the room where the battle was.

Estivan follows.

Silver says "Put them in this sack, good knight. It will be lighter for hauling."

Usha says "You may as well leave the stuff here. We'll come back this way, and we won't need the books down there."

Silver holds out the sack fromt he kobold village.

Estivan pages: COme to think of it I might have a language slot open...

Estivan says "Oh, very well then."

Arden follows Usha

Estivan trnsfers the books/

Usha goes through the second door.

Silver says "Think about it, how can this sack hold 14 books already and the blades it had and the books you are putting in?"

You paged Usha with 'Give me a Will check DC 22'.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Well, we can just leave it all in the room. In any case, I've got extra sacks."

Estivan is right behind her, scimitar and shield, "I understand Siver, no need to expain.

Usha rolls 1d20 and gets: 18 Total: 18

Usha pages: 23!

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "ANd you had a bag of holding but you handed that over to me."

Estivan says "As do I usha."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Taking Iron Will at level 3 pays off!"

You paged Usha with 'You felt something, something ususal, very hateful, trying to instill pure fear within you.'.

Silver brings up the rear.

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Sicne i am behind usha do I see anything happening?"

Usha shudders, and looks round nervously as she passes through the door. "Something.....something's here, trying to cause fear."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Nope."

Arden sneaks along with everyone else

Estivan steels himsefl and passes through behind her.

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "I keep feeling the urge to say "WP" for all the tough checks....."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Same here."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Going to the the first room?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Yes."

Silver says "Hey, Blue, think you can deal with that Fear trick?"

Estivan stick behidn Usha, at a repectful distance of course.

Arden says "If we can find whats causing it."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "The fear trick still active on the doorway or not?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Nothing unusual happens, but you can all feel somethings not right."

Silver draws his bow and arrow.

Usha waits for the others.

Estivan looks aroud, trying not to look nerious, but fails it,

Nothing else seems wrong.

Arden walks around the room with his guard up

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "GOing up the stairs?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Stairs?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "We been everywhere down here?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "There's still one more room. One with another staircase, going down."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "OK, where did we make a wrong turn people?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Is that this room, or one we've been to?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "What about the one in the door we just entered or was that the door to the Wizards place?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Okay, I got confused a bit."

This room is dominated by a spiral staircase going down, up from the depths, you can smell a damp, decaying smell.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "The Wizard's bedroom just had the 1 door right?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Yes."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Yes."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "There was another one in the cafiteria."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Ah. OK then."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Well, we know we need to go down....we can check that one out later."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Think thats the one we are at."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Which door haven't we checked out yet?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "None, this is it, unless you want to go down."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "I am rather befuddled atm."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "The down one is here, and the up one is in the cafteria, right?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Okay, I'm confused, were you going back up to the university or not?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "No."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "The one going further down is in the cafiteria, and the one going up is in the foyer."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Okay then. you're back in the foyer then."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "So floor cleared?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Yes."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Now I'm confused."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You were going back upstairs, correct?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "No!"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well where then?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "We went through the door with the fear trap, and I thought you said that led to a room with stairs down. No?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Yes, but I thought you said, we dump the loot we got top side, then come back down."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "I meant, dump it in the room we fought the skum in, since we'll come back through there."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Ok there are too stairs ways one up and one down, both we haveing explored yet?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "But it's alright, go on with the little emote I got up there."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "One up which we came through Al, one down with the fear bit."

Usha smiles grimly, says "Into the deeps.", and sets off down.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Okay, in the unexplored room with the spiral stair case down and the water damage."

Silver follows down.

Arden gollows down

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "The up one we can down was through the lirbary and the waiting room...I though Joe siad there was another up stair case behidn a door in the skum area."

Estivan follwos right behind USha

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Christ, the mirgine I had last night is coming back to me."

Usha pages: I think I've got it now. Was unclear there.

As soon as the last person goes through the door, there is a shimmering effect engulfing the doorway, sending a yellowish swirling pattern. Standing there, you can hear, in the back of your minds, a hollow sort of evil laughter.

Usha turns on the stairs, sword already drawn. "Who's there?"

Silver pages: Reactivating Detect Magic if needed.

Estivan looks back around that the shimmering...

Arden quickly turn sword drawn

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "And I'm going to end it there tonight."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "OK. I enjoyed tonight."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Same here."

Usha pages: Estivan

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Same here aside fromt he confusion at the end and the reboot I had to do midway through."

Silver pages: Vote is for Usha.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well I didn't get as far as I wanted, but I don't think you guys should go any farther without Sendiel."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "True. So we'll be set to pick this up in 2 weeks."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "It's undead, I just know it....."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Okay, 850 exp all around. and Rp votes."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "No, it's something MUCH nastier."

Estivan pages: Usha

Arden pages: Usha

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "And Usha gets 300 RP exp!"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Thanks."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "So did I do a good job with the little journal?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Incidentally, when did I become the leader in the CLoD?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "I think so. I'll have to study it more."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "CLoD?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Yea, isn't that supposed to be the thief's job?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Definately. Al, maybe you could put that on a seperate web page, like I did with some of the MPA player handouts?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Conga Line of Doom."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "When you were quicker through the door then I was."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I would go first and do scouting but everyone is willing to go and die before me so I let them"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Whcih that are you refering too El?"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "My job is to not take point. Its to hurl the special effects."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well you never know, they might have a fondness for fire traps?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "The diary."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Hmmm, good idea, when I get the log on my site I'll probally do something liek that."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "I just have to say, I was thinking of that trap ever since I started playing D&D and the very first chance I have a chance to use it, the thief is immune to electricity :P"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "And the fear trap was triggered by the PC that has two Will-enhancing feats....such is life."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "And I was D/Ced so I couldn't detect it if it was magic to warn them."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "What would you have done if we'd gone straight down the staircase?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "There was somehting nasty down there."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Had it planned."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Oh one thing Usha, once Silver gets a chance to identify the long sword, it's +1 with ghosttouch."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Something I'll try and remember to do is go next to whoever Arden's flanking next fight. Flanking opportunities."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Oh fun."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Useful."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I still havent had a chance to use my sneak attack"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "The only problem with electronic dice, I can't train them."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Go for whoever's fighting me or Estivan."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "That's the truth."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well you almost did with that one kobold, but you were busy popping bubble rap ^_^"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You know Rich, I'm surprised you didn't opt for a long sword."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Can the Ring of Spiffyness work on another if I am touching them and put it on?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "No, it's only personal effect."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I am thinking of upgrading to a long sword"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Had to ask. Its too funny to have it with the bit in the BG about disliking being too dirty."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You know it's sort of funny how the treasure is distributed..."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "I'll let you have this one, then, if you want."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "About where you wanted it to go?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Not at all like what I would have thought would happen, save for the boots."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "As it stands, I've got 9 different attacks listed....."

<*> OOCly, Estivan nods.

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Given my offensive spells, I do as well."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Where did you expect things to go?"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "I liked the fight with the skum, especially since they used some tactics (sneak up on support personnel, trap the frontliners with nets)."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "I agree with that, but a neted 1/2 dragon can still spit."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I was hoping you guys wouldn't destroy the nets. But."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "And with my huge encumbrance limit, I could probably have 9 more. A weapon for every eventuality, and with Quick Draw, no hesitation in getting the right one."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well was sort of thinking the Ward would got to Carudan, since I didn't know what else to give him that would really go with the cleric/monk thing."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "He wasn't here so...."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "True."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "And here's Estivan, with only 3 weapon."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Believe me There's a lot more fun stuff down there."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Well you just got a scimitar, a half spear... and what?"

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Well, he's a monk, such a intem would have been redundat to him."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Well, monks get weapons, and he's not at the level where his unarmed attacks outstrip them."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Heavy Lance"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "No, it could add an extra AC if he wanted to without meeting any sort of armor restrictions."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "I already had 2 magic items but the ring will probably be a pass around before we go meet someone important."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "I've got: A longsword, battleaxe, morningstar, trident, halfspear, whip, composite longbow and natural weapons."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Joe told me whatr this thing does, it just covert punch damage from subdual to leath and give a +1 to ac when in full defesive mode."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Rapier, Longbow, silver daggers, wand, 2 magic attacks, and natural weapons."

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "I forgot to add in natural weapons"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Of course, if we meet an enemy with Sunder, or other weapon-destroying abilities, I'll be laughing."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "Lets see I have a short sword, Darts, Light mace, natural attack."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "You're ready for thrantrapodes, aren't ya John?"

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Naw, just IMPROVED GRAB!"

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "The daggers are actually for style mostly. I mean its a great calling card."

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "I need the feat to resist that. There are too many critters with scary abilities that build on Improved Grab."

Usha pages: Forgot to ask, does this sword have a name?

<*> OOCly, Estivan says, "Amen to that, half the ones in MM2 are like that"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "Troll, Vampire, Mind Flayer, anything with Swallow Whole...."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Btb, the guide to equipment is out."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe looks at plan for the week after next, "Improved Grab, Improved Grab, Improved Grab..."

Usha pages: If not, I'll come up with one.

You paged Usha with 'Nope, not on it.'.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Engulf."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "Grumble frarking mindflayers"

<*> OOCly, Usha says, "See you later."

Usha has disconnected.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "It's worse, believe me."

<*> OOCly, Arden says, "I have to go to. See ya."

<*> OOCly, Silver says, "1 more round. Blast it."

Arden has disconnected.

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Anything else, I'll be on IM."

<*> OOCly, Smokin_Joe says, "Bye!"


Qui docet, discit.

- He who teaches, learns.

********** OGR Disconnected **********

MAIL: Mailbox purged.